Thursday, March 8, 2007
posted by IAN at 5:18 PM
Hello Gummy Bears



Today we where dicussing about Graping Linear Equation which is Graphing linear equations is pretty simple, but only if you work neatly. If you're messy, you'll only make extra work for yourself, and you'll often get the wrong answer. I'll walk you through a few examples. Follow my pattern, and you should do fine.



Ex.



*Graph 4x – 3y = 12






For this example, it's simplest to first solve for "y =". This is especially true if you're using a graphing calculator, because graphing calculators can only handle "y =".







So you're actually graphing this equation:











Since you are going to be multiplying your x-values by a fraction, it is simplest to pick x-values that are multiples of 3, so the denominator will cancel out.





Here's the T-chart...



...and here's the graph:





*Graph –3x = 6y – 2



Solve first for "y =":




Okay, so computing the plot points for this one is going to be messy, what with all the fractions. Do the best you can for the T-chart, remembering that you'll be rounding values when you go to plot the points:





Draw the graph:







Note that this graph needed to be larger than what I've drawn before. That's because the points were "messy", so I needed more points, and further apart, to make sure the line was right. Take the time to be careful!


finish:Aher!!!Aher!!!Aher I dunoo if this is right mrs. armstrong need this correct this one
well i dunno who is next blogger but for me.
THE NEXT BLOGGER IS AYAN































































 



1 Comments:


At March 12, 2007 at 4:07 PM, Blogger NCC-74656 Intrepid Class

Ian,
I would like to say that your blog is good though, I find it a little bit difficult to understand your english.(I'm not saying that your not a good english writer though) and I can't understand very well your graphs..(whose Elizabeth Staple?...)

What I understood is your idea of the topic ,that is slopes,that you emphasized using the Table of Values and how to graph them. Thank you for reminding us to take our time very well and to make our graphs carefully.:-)